“Wow! You said that you wanted to make a difference to people’s lives with reflexology .You’ve certainly done that to mine!! No pain in toes or back after this session- amazing!!" Emily
"Jane was so welcoming and put me at my ease. The reflexology was just amazing I left feeling relaxed and totally de-stressed. Booked in again next month” Patrick
“A wonderful experience - so relaxing and peaceful” Jan
“My 3rd session with Jane and it was even better than the others. She is so friendly and helpful. A really lovely experience.”Nikky
MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO THE WAY YOU FEEL
You may just stand on them or keep them out of sight but your feet are totally fascinating. In reflexology your feet are the guidebook to your body showing reflex areas which correspond to different parts of the body. Precise pressure techniques are used on these access points to help calm the nervous system and to re-balance and stimulate the body's natural self healing processes. By deepening relaxation, reflexology allows the systems of the body to function more efficiently.
Reflexology is a powerful and validated complementary therapy which can be the ‘off button’ for your mind helping to ease away tensions, calm mental anxiety and soothe unsettled emotions. The release of tension and deep relaxation created during a reflexology treatment are vital ingredients for health and wellbeing. I have found particular success in treating those experiencing anxiety, stress-related symptoms, fertility and pain management.
Clients come to me for many and varied reasons. It may be to seek a natural holistic approach to health and relaxation, or for specific health issues such as fertility and maternity issues, muscle tension, IBS, migraine, MS, or for help moving through a life event. There are now many scientific studies showing reflexology to be a validated therapy. Read how reflexology is effective in pain management from The Nursing Times. Click here
In fact, GPs confirm that stress and anxiety are key factors in 75% of health issues from infertility to cancer. Reflexology now holds a vital place within our modern healthcare system now integrated within the NHS. Reflexology works with conventional medicine or as a complementary treatment in its own right.
- Reflexology strengthens and supports the immune system to help fight against infections and viruses
- Improves sleep
- Reduces tension and helps with combatting stress and anxiety
- Improves circulation of blood and lymph throughout the body
- Promotes wellbeing and relaxation
- Helps to reduce toxins and impurities from the body
- Creates a space for the body to balance and heal itself
- Benefits of treatments are cumulative, so a course of sessions may be advised if appropriate
“Whether it’s repetitive strain injury in my wrist and thumb joint, TMJ (clicking jaw), tense shoulders or injured knee, for me, a couple of visits to Jane for a reflexology session always seems to do the trick. I can’t recommend Jane and this treatment highly enough.” Gabby
- I am a reflexology specialist
- I am registered with NHS Services which list only the highest qualified complementary therapists who have met the strictest standards of reflexology practice.
- a Senior Member and Advisor of The British Register of Complementary Practitioners run by
- The Confederation of Healing Organisation
- Member of the Association of Reflexologists the foremost professional association for reflexology in the UK
- Specialist Reflexologist with Somerset Cancer Care and St. Margaret's Hospice
- An Advanced Member of Think Tree Hub. It has an online directory which people can use to find a Standards Authority for Touch in Cancer Care (SATCC) approved therapist. which is part of Cancer Care Map/Cancer Care Map an international professional association for complementary therapy healthcare, wellness and wellbeing
- Listed in the UK Directory of Healers and Therapists
- Reiki Master Practitioner
- Therapeutic Massage Therapist
All my clients I treat with the utmost respect, compassion and confidentiality.
GIFT VOUCHERS are always a welcome gift for birthdays, Mother’s/Father’s Day, Christmas, Easter, Valentines or because you care! Sent to you by first class post.
Ideally at this time Payment can be made by bank transfer before your appointment. Alternatively, I can take secure credit card payments or cash if you prefer.
Some providers of healthcare benefits plans such as Bupa, Paycare, Medicash and Sovereign all cover reflexology.
Sole Retreat is easy to find with ample on site parking and within easy reach of Glastonbury, Shepton Mallet, Bath and Bristol.
For DIRECTIONS use BA5 3EH for your sat nav
(Note: I am the Bath Road, B3139 END of the lane - ie opposite end of the lane to the Mendip Communications Mast.)
Home visits can be arranged for those with mobility or transport difficulties.
This is a useful piece of research relevant to clients with Rheumatoid Arthritis, but also for those with pain and/or sleep problems Click here
Click here for this lovely research study on dementia patients in a home in Philadelphia entitled The Clinical Efficacy of Reflexology in Nursing Home Residents with Dementia. It shows how the gentle and supportive effect of reflexology on clients demonstrated significant reduction in observed pain and stress.
Sole Retreat gardens open by appointment with the National Garden Scheme. Photos are shown throughout these pages.
Reflexology is not an alternative to seeking medical advice.